Angela Hunt Revealed
About Angela Hunt
What is your birthdate?:12/20
Previous occupations:Professional singer, English teacher, secretary.
Favorite job:My most delicious job was the summer I worked at an ice cream shop.
High school and/or college:Rockledge High School; Brevard Community College, Liberty University.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:The Re'Generation--Derric Johnson, arranger.
Favorite movie:Lars and the Real Girl.
Favorite television show:Project Runway. I wish they had a version for writers.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Converting life to pages . . . after thoughtful simmering.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Expect the Unexpected . . .
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Finding and following God's will . . . and enjoying a large stash of bubble gum.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. I'm not really afraid of much, but I have a healthy respect for alligators.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Right where I am.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Eve.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Liz Curtis Higgs.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Anything to do with eyebrows--my characters do eyebrow calisthenics!
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. The moments I choose to be selfish.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Painting/illustrating.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Going to work every morning.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Tending to be cerebral; favoring head over heart.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Tending to be cerebral, favoring head over heart.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Me. I dare not aspire to anyone/anything else.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Organization.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Sema, the gorilla in UNSPOKEN.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Beast (as in Beauty and the . . . )
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I would like to meet the captain of the Titanic and tell him to PLEASE slow down.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who crowd baggage claim at the airport. Stand back, please!
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Travel and photography . . .
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I'd like to be a lawyer/surgeon. :-) After all, this is fantasy, right?
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Faith, truth, loyalty.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Pineapple and ham pizza.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Be Thou My Vision; Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered; Just my Imagination, and I Believe.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Honestly, there are too many to create an inclusive list, but I love reading Francine Rivers, Athol Dickson, Jodi Picoult, Anita Shreve, Dean Koontz, and Kathryn Hulme.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Bible.
The Nun's Story.
The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Nun's Story.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Get thee to a writer's conference ASAP.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "I never would have expected this ending!"