Boyd Morrison Revealed
About Boyd Morrison
What is your birthdate?:2/17
Previous occupations:NASA engineer, User interface designer at RCA, usability manager in the Microsoft Xbox group
Favorite job:Writing novels
High school and/or college:High school-Kansas City, College-Rice University, Grad school-Virginia Tech
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Depeche Mode
Favorite television show:The Simpsons
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Having fun entertaining myself and others.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Drive fast, but look both ways at the intersections.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Being loved.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Losing a loved one
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Driving a Ferrari on the Autobahn
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. HG Wells
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My wife, but if you want someone famous, it would be Clint Eastwood
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Basically. Uh. Like. So. You know.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Procrastinating
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. The ability to fly
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Every time I complete a novel
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Procrastinating
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Balancing creativity with practicality
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Captain Kirk
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Height
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Homer Simpson
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Darth Vader
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. "Mr. Lincoln, please stay home tonight."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Jerks
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Acting
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Fighter pilot
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, competence, dedication
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Pizza
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Back in Black-AC/DC, You Never Even Called Me by My Name (long version)-David Allen Coe, Four Seasons-Vivaldi, In Your Eyes-Peter Gabriel, Let's Go Crazy-Prince
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. I grew up idolizing HG Wells, Clive Cussler, Michael Crichton, Larry Niven, Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, Jules Verne, Stephen King, and Dean Koontz.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Watchers-Dean Koontz The War of the Worlds-HG Wells The Stand-Stephen King Ringworld-Larry Niven Jurassic Park-Michael Crichton
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The War of the Worlds
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Be persistent.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. The greatest compliment I get is when readers say they couldn't put my book down.
- Q. How did you come to write Ark?
- A. I had been looking for a story in which to feature an engineer as a hero because that's my background. One night I was watching an archaeology documentary about the search for Noah's Ark and why it's never been found when an idea sprang into my head for an alternative explanation to the mystery. I thought it was the perfect puzzle for my hero to solve. Plus I wanted to see how many things I could blow up in one thriller novel.