Charity Tahmaseb Revealed
About Charity Tahmaseb
What is your birthdate?:7/11
Previous occupations:Corn on the cob selector (really!), camp counselor, Army officer, technical writer
Favorite job:This one, right now, author.
High school and/or college:Mankato West (Go Scarlets!) and the University of Wisconsin, Madison (Go Badgers!)
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff
Favorite movie:Casablanca, Band of Brothers
Favorite television show:Firefly
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Soldier girl settles down, writes books, loves kids.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. It's the journey, not the destination
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Knowing what you have when you have it.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Other than public speaking? That something might happen to my kids.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. London, or the beach, doing something fun with my kids.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. So. Yeah. Totally. Dude.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. That I didn't make the most of college until my last year.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I'd love to be able to sing, on key.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Publishing a book, jumping out of airplanes.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I'm painfully shy.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I'm organized
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Elizabeth Bennet
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Jane Austen. I'm not sure I'd say much of anything; I think I'd just like to listen and learn.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Reading, walking, travel.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Singer (see above), figure skater, synchronized swimmer
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, integrity, sense of humor
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Either grilled cheese sandwiches or mac 'n cheese
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. All These Things That I Have Done, The 1812 Overture, Where The Streets Have No Name, In God's Country, Vida la Vida
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Jane Austen, Deb Caletti, Anton Chekhov, Markus Zusak, Sarah Dessen.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, The Book Thief, The Great Gatsby, The Master and Margarita.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Read a lot, write a lot, and love both.
- Q. How did you come to write Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading?
- A. I wanted to write the book I wanted to read when I a teen, only updated for the 21st century. Writing and working on it with Darcy made the experience that much better.