David Lyons Revealed
About David Lyons
What is your birthdate?:6/12
Previous occupations:Lawyer, musician/singer
High school and/or college:Universities of Paris and Strasbourg
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:James Taylor
Favorite television show:Masterpiece Theater
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. constantly challenging, always evolving, and so infinitely rewarding
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. what the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. My loved ones living close, safe, secure in a temperate climate with a great view, good art on the walls - and a good high speed internet connection.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. being misunderstood
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. If it's October, then Paris. Any other month then somewhere near latitude twenty
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Ernest Hemingway - except for the suicide part
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My Dad
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. plebian, efficacious, perspicacity - Just kidding:-)
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I often wish I had pursued singing as a career
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. to play piano
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. writing - and sticking with it
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. vanity
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. determination
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. If I could be a cat owned by my wife, that would be a great life.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. at ease in front of a crowd
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. James Bond
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Hannibal Lector
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Sir Winston Churchill - He forsaw many of the most important events of the twentieth century, often decades in advance. I would like to ask him to what he attributed his prescience.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. loud music from neighbors
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. I sing jazz standards in local saloons
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. recording artist
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. humor, intelligence and grace
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. anything cajun
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Aaron Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man, Bill Evans Waltz for Debby, When Sunny Gets Blue, El Reloj, Georges Moustaki's Avec Ma Solitude
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
Greg Iles, Michael Connelly, Lee Childs, Raymond Chandler
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
Huckleberry Finn, Lord Jim, Madame Bovary, The Count of Monte Christo, On the Road
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Write daily, set a word goal and don't stop till you reach it.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Many readers say reading my novels is like watching a movie.