Books by this Author
My Life in 8 Words
Q. What is your motto or maxim?
A. Live out loud. Do unto others. Dream big. And there's nothing you can't do.
Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
A. "Dancing Queen" (ABBA), "Cocaine Blues" (Johnny Cash), "The Unclouded Day" (hymn), "In the Mood" (Glenn Miller), "O Mio Babbino Caro" (from "Gianni Scicchi" by Puccini; sung by Kiri Te Kanawa)
Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
A. "Absolutely." "Snacks." "Fancy." "Sexy." "Groovy." "Right?" "Can you imagine?" "My eyes (are so wide)..."
Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
A. Alice in Wonderland, Scarlett O'Hara, and Amy March
Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
A. Movie popcorn
June 23, 2009
- You must kiss your pride and dignity goodbye.
- There is no such thing as writing a memoir half-way. You have to jump in with both feet, legs, arms, shoulders, hands, head, and heart.
- Everyone remembers the same event differently.
- It's fun to relive old memories.
- It's agonizing to relive old memories.
- If you have any doubt, change names! Not only to protect the people you're writing about, but yourself.
- It's fine to leave things out. In fact, it's better to leave things out.
- No matter how much they ask, your loved ones don't want to know the things you...