Books by this Author
My Life in 8 Words
Q. What is your motto or maxim?
A. Live out loud. Do unto others. Dream big. And there's nothing you can't do.
Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
A. Wanting to please everyone and have them like me, and not speaking up for myself as a result
Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
A. Right here at my writing desk. Or traipsing through Dracula's Transylvanian castle with my best friend, exploring the ABBA Museum in Stockholm with my mother, or dancing in the streets of Havana with my boyfriend.
Q. What’s your greatest fear?
A. To be eternally separated from loved ones after death
Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
A. Carole Lombard and Scarlett O'Hara
June 23, 2009
- You must kiss your pride and dignity goodbye.
- There is no such thing as writing a memoir half-way. You have to jump in with both feet, legs, arms, shoulders, hands, head, and heart.
- Everyone remembers the same event differently.
- It's fun to relive old memories.
- It's agonizing to relive old memories.
- If you have any doubt, change names! Not only to protect the people you're writing about, but yourself.
- It's fine to leave things out. In fact, it's better to leave things out.
- No matter how much they ask, your loved ones don't want to know the things you...