My Life in 8 Words
Q. What is your motto or maxim?
A. Live out loud. Do unto others. Dream big. And there's nothing you can't do.
Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
A. Honesty, humor, joy in life
Q. Which living person do you most admire?
A. My mother. She's a total rock star and the most loving, inspiring person I know.
Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
A. A wonderful day of writing. Sunshine. Movie popcorn. Friends. Family. Cats. Good hair. Laughter. Everything right in my world.
Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
A. Carole Lombard and Scarlett O'Hara
June 23, 2009
- You must kiss your pride and dignity goodbye.
- There is no such thing as writing a memoir half-way. You have to jump in with both feet, legs, arms, shoulders, hands, head, and heart.
- Everyone remembers the same event differently.
- It's fun to relive old memories.
- It's agonizing to relive old memories.
- If you have any doubt, change names! Not only to protect the people you're writing about, but yourself.
- It's fine to leave things out. In fact, it's better to leave things out.
- No matter how much they ask, your loved ones don't want to know the things you...