Jessie Sholl Revealed
About Jessie Sholl
What is your birthdate?:2/12
Previous occupations:I've been a fish-gutter in Alaska (really!); a waitress in Minneapolis; a record store clerk and an online producer in San Francisco; and a copy editor, freelance writer, and writing teacher in New York.
Favorite job:Teaching. Although fish-gutting had a calming, Zen-like aspect to it that I liked a lot.
High school and/or college:I went to an alternative high school in Minneapolis, then the University of Minnesota for my BA, and then The New School for my MFA.
Favorite television show:Hoarders and Hoarding: Buried Alive, of course!
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Introverted girl often pretending to be an extrovert.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. My newest one: All our secrets are the same.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Snakes. If you read Dirty Secret, you'll understand why.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Either drawing -- I can barely draw a stick figure -- or a decent sense of direction (which is a talent as far as I'm concerned).
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Sushi. Or Mexican. Or Italian. I love food too much to eat only one thing.