Karsten Knight Revealed
About Karsten Knight
What is your birthdate?:4/13
Previous occupations:Admissions Counselor, Proofreader, Bookseller, Writing Tutor
Favorite job:This one.
High school and/or college:B.A., College of the Holy Cross; M.F.A., Simmons College
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Ingrid Michaelson
Favorite movie:Training Day, Batman Begins, Love Actually
Favorite television show:Veronica Mars
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Happiness is a seat at an open-air restaurant on Ocean Drive in South Beach, Miami. And a large mojito.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Grocery shopping. IT'S THE WORST.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. South Beach, Miami. Or in Hawaii, learning (of failing to learn) how to surf
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Gaston from Beauty & the Beast. Wait, he wasn't real?
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My grandparents. They've all lived incredible lives.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "Manage." "Flames." "The."
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. That I gave up my promising career as a professional hacky sack player to pursue higher education.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Surfing, brah.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. I shot a -10 playing Wii Golf last week. Also, publishing a novel.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I don't take questionnaires seriously enough.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Everything, but especially my sense of modesty.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Probably a penguin. For the hilarity. And I'd save a fortune on tux rentals during wedding season.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My long arms. I have the wingspan of a small pterodactyl.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. The T-Rex from Jurassic Park (I promise this is my last dinosaur reference).
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The T-Rex from The Land Before Time (I lied)
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Christopher Columbus:
"The good news? You're going to have a holiday named after you! The bad news? People will only care because it means they get a three-day weekend."
"You might want to catch the matinee instead."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. That ABC hasn't cast me as the next Bachelor yet.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. I play a lot of Wii Golf. Does that count?
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Author. But if I can't choose my actual profession, I'd go with pumpkin farmer or traveling "food journalist" for the Travel Channel or Food Network.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Loyalty, a sense of humor, and the ability to teleport.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Sushi, specifically any form of spicy maki--spicy tuna, yellowtail jalapeno, shrimp tempura...
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. "Soldier" by Ingrid Michaelson. "Time Won't Let Me Go" by the Bravery. "Wait it Out" by Imogen Heap. "Morningside" by Sara Bareilles. "Arise" by E.S. Posthumus