Lauren Strasnick Revealed
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Talking & eating with the people I love.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Oh lord, the list is endless: surgery, ticks, raw chicken, germ warfare, death.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I worry. Excessively.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I am loyal. And honest.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My height, perhaps? Or my nutso, crazy, curly hair.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Anne Shirley
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. This is it.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, dependability, curiosity, humor & creativity. Okay, so 5. 5 qualities most important to me!
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Apples & peanut butter.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Another endless list! But if I must limit myself: "Going to California" by Led Zeppelin, "Sun King" by The Beatles, "Vienna" by Billy Joel, this Martha Wainwright song w/ two expletives in the title, "I'm on Fire" by Bruce Springsteen, "Steppin'" by Melanie, "Where Will I Be" by Emmylou Harris, "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley, "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone, "May This Be Love" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, "Tweeter & the Monkey Man" by Traveling Wilburys... whoops! that's 11! Okay, I'll stop.
On Books and Writing
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon, Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger, The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff, The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Read. Write. Persevere.