Linda Mintle: A Self Portrait
Linda Mintle Revealed
About Linda Mintle
What is your birthdate?:10/22
Favorite job:Right now: Speaking, writing and doing media
High school and/or college:St. Joseph High School in St. Joseph, Michigan; Western Michigan University and Old Dominion University for BA, MSW and Ph.D.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Mozart
Favorite movie:Wuthering Heights
Favorite television show:House
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. I don't believe there is such a thing this side of heaven. Perfect happiness is reserved for eternity when we will be with God forever.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. I try not to live in fear and trust God who controls my life and promises His constant presence.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. On a Caribbean beach with white sand, blue-green water. Can you feel the ocean breeze?
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Women who fought for equality and social justice.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Billy Graham. Solid man of God.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. You Know
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Waiting so long to have children
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Playing the cello Yo Ma style
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. My children although I don't consider them achievements as much as gifts from God.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Over thinking things
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Generous and kind
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. A world class musician
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My red hair
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Tragic hero--Romero
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The White Witch from C.S. Lewis' Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Jesus. I wouldn't speak. I would simply listen.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Entitlement
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Speaking
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Professional tennis player
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, Genuineness and Trust
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Chocolate
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. You Need a Friend by James Taylor; Fire and Rain by James Taylor; Gravity by Sara Bareilles; The Prayer by Josh Grogan and Charlotte Church; California Dreaming by Jose Feliciano
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Philip Yancey Anne LaMott C.S. Lewis
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Jesus I Never Knew
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Practice, practice, practice
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. It feels like I am sitting with you having a cup of coffee.