Linda Robertson Revealed
About Linda Robertson
What is your birthdate?:1/10
Previous occupations:Lead guitarist in a cover band, a gas station attendant, a cashier, a restaurant hostess, a stock person, photofinishing manager, art director, Realtor.
High school and/or college:Ohio State and Tri-C.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:HANS ZIMMER!!!!
Favorite movie:The Dark Knight
Favorite television show:Stand up comedian specials.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Great creativity, good coffee, and my rambunctious boys.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. I don't have a motto, but I'll take witty suggestions.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. A library with a shady veranda on a sunny tropical island, a cozy lounge chair and my laptop, a gentle breeze and an endless supply of cool beverages.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I'm pretty happy where I'm at, but there are many places I'd like to visit like Venice, Machu Picchu, Vienna, Hawaii.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mom.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. eyes, hands, suddenly always weeding those out of a manuscript but they sneak in again...
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I can play the piano and the guitar already, but I would love to play the cello.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. My dream came true when VICIOUS CIRCLE was published. I dedicated it to my boys. That was fantastic. It was proof that hard work and perseverence could truly make dreams come true.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My red hair.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Oooo. A toss up between Aragorn from Lord of the Rings and Batman.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. I've always thought Magneto was a darn cool bad guy.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Cleopatra. I'd ask her to give me a tour of Alexandria as it was in her day.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Being a mom.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I've been the lead guitarist in a rock cover band, a gas station attendant, a restaurant hostess, a retail clerk, a stock person, art director and a Realtor. Writing IS my fantasy job.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, dependability, sense of humor.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Either Reese's Cups or my mom's sausage gravy and biscuits.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. I can't possibly narrow it down to five songs! How about five music-style favorites? I LOVE Hans Zimmer's movie scores, I'm all about the 80's Hair Metal Bands, I'm totally digging some industrial metal I've discovered, everyone should check out E.S. Posthumous, and if I'm in the car and Beethoven's 5th is on I invariably find myself speeding.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Jennifer Roberson, Steven Brust, David Gemmell.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Sword Dancer by Jennifer Roberson; Jhereg by Steve Brust; The Black Stallion by Walter Farley; The Shadow Series by Chris Golden; Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Work hard, learn to take criticism, learn WHO to take criticism from, and never give up.
- Q. How did you come to write Vicious Circle?
- A. I started VICIOUS CIRCLE in the airport at New Orleans while waiting on a flight home. The character Johnny occurred to me first, and I created Persephone to be his ideal love-interest. Then he seemed to take a step back and it became her story.