Margaret Wander Bonanno Revealed
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Passing strange...
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Kaizen - "continuous improvement"
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. When I attain it, I'll let you know.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Right where I am, but with a personal transporter so I wouldn't have to deal with airports.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. I'm much too fond of the word "myriad." I do use it correctly, but too often.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. The Thor Power Tool decision. Every midlist writer knows exactly what I mean.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Facility with languages, and the ability to read music.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. "Piano Man", "Let the River Run" - really any song that sings of dreams deferred but a determination to keep on trying.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Any author who can transport me to a place I've never been in the company of interesting characters. Among them: John le Carre, Martin Cruz Smith, James Lee Burke, many, many others.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Love the writing for its own sake, and be prepared to sacrifice years of your life for something that might never come to pass.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "There are too many flashbacks!" alternating with "I've read your book six times, and I cried every time."