Martin Leicht Revealed
About Martin Leicht
What is your birthdate?:3/5
Previous occupations:I have worked in hospice care with cancer patients...and worked in film/tv production.
Favorite job:Nothing beats writing all day in your PJs, but I did enjoy my time working in hospice.
High school and/or college:I went to Lower Merion High School outside of Philadelphia, attended Vassar College as an undergraduate, and received my masters at New York University.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:No one beats Beethoven.
Favorite movie:I will cheat and list five: VERTIGO, THE EMPIRE STRICKES BACK, JAWS, THE SEARCHERS, and THE THIRD MAN.
Favorite television show:Again I will cheat and list five: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL, FIREFLY, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, and MAD MEN.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Taking a walk along the beach in the early morning before it gets hot, and maybe taking a quick dip in the ocean.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Heights and large mobs of people top the list while awake. In dreams, black water.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Near the ocean.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Professionally, I have to say I love just about anything Joss Whedon touches.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. In grad school people thought I used the word "melee" too often. I respectfully disagree.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Toss up between being a concert pianist or a Major League pitcher.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Survivng this long with my sarcastic sense of humor.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I am a world class procrastinator.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Han Solo.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My stunning good looks.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I think it'd be fun to pick Dante Alighieri's brain.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People being stupid.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Food.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. I could never choose just five. I'll stick with the Beatles, Grateful Dead, and Bob Dylan if pressed, but that just seems silly.
On Books and Writing
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. THE NAME OF THE ROSE by Umberto Eco, THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF CAVALIER AND CLAY by Michael Chabon, GAME OF THRONES by George R.R. Martin, WITHOUT FEATHERS by Woody Allen, and THE DIVINE COMEDY by Dante Alighieri
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Endurance will be your salvation.