Shelia P. Moses: A Self Portrait
Shelia P. Moses Revealed
About Shelia P. Moses
What is your birthdate?:12/1
High school and/or college:Shaw University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Otis Redding
Favorite movie:The Color Purple
Favorite television show:Brothers and Sisters
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. My life as a writer is my life time dream.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. A good relationship with God. Good Health and a great family.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Not having the wonderful family that I have.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. On Rehobeth Road with my mother.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Zora Hurston
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mother, Maless Moses
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Is that right?
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not having six children.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Singing
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Getting up each day and talking to your people about writing.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Not saying "no" when I should.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Love
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. No one I no thing. I like the person God made me!
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I do not know. I guess my mole on my nose.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Joker
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Frederick Douglass I would ask him what it was like to be a slave and then a free man to help other slaves.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Dishes in the sink.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Teacher
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Singer
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honest is enough
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. chips
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Wind Beneath my Wings, At last, The Lord's Prayer, Amazing Grace, Precious Lord
On Books and Writing
- Q. How did you come to write Legend of Buddy Bush?
- A. The Legend of Buddy Bush is my family journey. Buddy Bush is a man wrongly accused of a crime in 1947 in Rich Square, North Carolina. I wanted to tell him story and how life was in the South. It is the book closest to my heart.