Kristen Landon Revealed
About Kristen Landon
What is your birthdate?:10/25
Previous occupations:Babysitter, grocery store clerk, math tutor. I also worked in the training & development department and later in the legal documents processing department of a Fortune 500 company.
Favorite job:Being a mom!
High school and/or college:Orem High School (in Utah) and Brigham Young University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:John Williams - the movies wouldn't be the same without him
Favorite movie:Heart and Souls
Favorite television show:The Amazing Race
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Work hard, laugh a lot, read, write, love!
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Smile! If life is going great right now, enjoy it. If life stinks, don't worry it will change.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Knowing my family and close friends are healthy and happy. Spending time with them doing something fun, like floating down a river. Chocolate could very possibly be involved.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Disease or disaster hitting my family or other people I care about.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Someplace I've never been before that has a beautiful beach.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. That woman back in the 1800's we've never heard about who worked her fingers to the bone to care for her family.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My parents are pretty great.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. 'that' and 'just' - thank heavens for the 'find' feature in Word, so I can edit a bunch of them out.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Speaking before I think and saying something--usually as a joke--that hurt someone's feelings.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I'm a marginal singer and athlete--being really great at one of those would be cool.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. My marriage to my wonderful husband and the way we've raised our four brilliant children!
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I like to bake.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I like to bake.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I think I'll stick with Homo sapien.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm usually in a good mood--so I smile a lot :)
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. I tend to fall in love with the 'supporting hero' types, the secondary characters who do brave and amazing things but never get as much glory as they deserve--Peeta from 'The Hunger Games'; Ron, Hermione and Neville from the Harry Potter series; Zero from 'Holes'.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker from 'James and the Giant Peach' - mean, nasty, horrible women and freaky looking too!
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I can't choose one specific person, but I think it would be cool to sit in on the Continental Congress and hear men like Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson debate. The only thing I would say to them is, "You go guys!"
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People being rude
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Being a mom
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Writing novels!
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Kindness, optimism, patience
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Only one? I need two--pizza and chocolate.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Today they would be: 'Come Back to Me' by David Cook, 'According to You' by Orianthi, 'I Can Only Imagine' by Mercyme, 'Reflections' from 'Mulan', and 'Grow Old With You' from 'The Wedding Singer'
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. There are too many! Here are a few: Lois Duncan, Margaret Peterson Haddix, Mary Higgins Clark, Louis Sachar, Neal Shusterman, Scott Westerfeld.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Holes by Louis Sacher, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Giver by Lois Lowry, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Writing, like any thing else, takes a lot of practice, so keep working at it!
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. When is the sequel coming out? I have to answer, Sorry, there isn't one planned right now.