Milly Johnson Revealed
About Milly Johnson
What is your birthdate?:2/23
Previous occupations:Trainee Accountant, Accounts clerk, waitress, actress, barmaid, sales assistant, office manager, Suggestion Scheme manager, Telesales, Greetings card copywriters
Favorite job:I'm doing it now - writing!
High school and/or college:Hall Balk School for Girls in Barnsley - then onto Exeter Uni
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Nickelback - modern, Mozart - classical
Favorite movie:Captain Corelli's Mandolin but I do love Harry Potter too
Favorite television show:Life on Mars - serious, The Office - comedy
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Half ironing, half swanning about!
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Carpe Diem - Seize the Day!
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. being fit and healthy, having good friends, a drop dead gorgeous lover who gets turned on by cellulite, having enough money in the bank to pay even the surprise bills - and having a cleaner!
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. That my kids don't grow up happy
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. on a gondola in Venice with George Clooney and 2 cornettos
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Henry VIII - lusty, a tour de force and loved his grub
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mate who runs Haworth Cat Rescue - she's absolutely dedicated, hard-working and the most selfless person I know
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. 'Do you know what I mean' - I'm trying to break the habit
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. That I didn't go off and live in Italy when I was in my early twenties
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Easy - cartooning like my mate Tony Husband... effortless!
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Getting my book published
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I'm neurotic - but hey I'm a writer - we all are!
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I've got a good heart :)
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I'd like to be a bumble bee for a few hours on a sunny day
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My height - I never have to worry about those 'mind your head' signs
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Captain Wentworth in Persuasion... fwor!
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Dracula
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I'd like to meet Leonardo da Vinci and I'd say 'Paint me!'
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who don't say thank you when you open doors for them
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Going to the cinema
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. A flying superhero
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Humour, kindness, manners
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Lemon Cheesecake
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Nickelback - How You Remind Me, Chris Isaak - Wicked Game, Motorhead - Line in the Sand, Elvis - Don't, Boston - More than a Feeling
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Jane Austen, Mo Hayder, Sue Welfare, Louise Douglas, Sophie Kinsella, Nicci French, Roald Dahl, Jane Elmor, Agatha Christie, Lucie Whitehouse
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte, Persuasion - Jane Austen, Hurting Distance - Sophie Hannah, The Love of My Life - Louise Douglas, Do you want to know a Secret - Sophie Kinsella
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Persuasion - I'm word perfect
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Don't faff about if you want to be a serious writer - you have to work like a bull at it otherwise it'll always be an unpaid hobby!
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. 'ooh you write just like I talk with my friends' - the perfect compliment!!